Donations other than cash and food are accepted by appointment. Before bringing donations to HCWC, please call the Community Donations Coordinator, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm at (512) 396-3404, ext 270. Because of our limited storage, she will let you know if we still need the item(s) and where to drop them off.
Unfortunately, we can no longer accept car seats and baby beds that are not brand new (paperwork attached) due to the safety risks and recalls. Please do not leave bags or boxes outside the Donation Center after hours.
Some items are needed year-round, such as gas and gift cards from HEB, Target and Walmart for clients to use, as well as bus passes. $60 Visa gift cards give clients access to an online class they may need before filing for divorce.
Listed below are items that are updated frequently depending on client needs.
- Basic Household Furniture in Good Shape
- Towels & Washcloths
- Bakeware (cookie sheets, 13″x9″ casserole dishes)
- Laundry Baskets
- Bed Linens
- Children’s Craft Items
- Dishes and pots and pans
- Ear Buds
- New undergarments for women and children (all sizes)
- Seasonally appropriate new or gently used clothing for women and children (all sizes)
- New and gently used shoes for women and children (all sizes)
Please call Sarah at (512) 396-3404 ext. 270 if you have questions
- Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- New hairbrushes and hair ties
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes for adults and children
- “Child” and “Baby” Specific Body Washes
- Snacks & Bottled Water for group sessions (popcorn, cheese & cracker packs, chips, cookies, granola bars, fruit wraps, etc. )
- Canned food and Non-perishables
- Sandwich Bread, Pancake Mix and/or Bisquick
- Juice Boxes & Children’s Snacks
- Fresh or Frozen Meat and Frozen Prepared Meals
Amazon Wish List
Our Amazon Wish List contains items for clients. Purchasing items on our wish list allows us to get exactly what we need, and it’s shipped directly to us.
Another way to help when you shop on Amazon is to use AmazonSmile. When you use this link – http://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-2020505 – Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Hays-Caldwell Womens Center.
Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-2020505 and support us every time you shop.