To apply for this position, please send an email to brooke @hcwc.org to request an application packet.
Salary for this position is $20/hour or $41,600/annually.
HCWC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or marital status.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide general maintenance of HCWC campus grounds and buildings located in San Marcos, Texas. Maintenance duties encompass the following areas: plumbing, security and locks, carpentry, and basic maintenance of electricity and HVAC. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general upkeep of the entire HCWC campus and Lockhart Office to maintain a professional appearance and physical operations.
- Complete repairs of all facilities-related systems, including plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, fire suppression, flooring, lighting, furnishings, kitchen equipment, and general maintenance
- Oversee general upkeep of center vehicle(s), including yearly vehicle inspections.
- Make recommendations for facility repairs and improvements
- Ensure maintenance requests submitted by HCWC staff are processed and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain HCWC campus grounds and landscape which includes general clean-up, mowing, weeding, and watering as needed.
- Conduct monthly inspections at transitional housing complex to ensure apartments are properly maintained and meet safety and other code requirements including checking for water leaks, replacing AC filters, inspecting locks & alarms, and condition of furnished items and appliances.
- Evaluate needed repairs and determine whether they can be handled internally or if outside vendors should be contacted. This is a collaborative process with the team leader and/or agency leadership.
- When outside vendors are required, facilitate the procurement of bids and/or supplies and oversee the repair(s) and/or inspection(s) being completed, in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Complete or coordinate repairs within approved expense limits.
- Create and maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance and service requests. Report on work in progress.
- Submit purchase orders for needed items and gain Management approval prior to purchase. Afterwards, submit receipts for all purchases made.
- Immediately correct hazardous conditions for all buildings and report any deficiencies or concerns to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Inform supervisor of potential major repairs for budget and planning purposes.
- Properly dispose of recyclable materials and provide assistance in disposal of unusable furniture/donations across the campus.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to include designated maintenance storage spaces and ensure that chemicals and other hazardous materials are stored properly.
- Ensure that the residents of the facilities receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and quality services.
- Follow established guidelines and ensure proper safety.
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: San Marcos, TX 78666: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location